Free DVD Ripper: topic

This is a
public
forum

How to convert MPG to AVI on Mac

Harry Potttrer

Friday, 28 Jan 2011 08:31
UTC

MPG video file is a variant of the MPEG (Moving Picture Experts Group) MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video and audio compression format, optimized for broadcast quality video. MPEG-1 The most common implementations of the MPEG-1 standard provide a video resolution of 352-by-240 at 30 frames

per second (fps). This produces video quality slightly below the quality of conventional VCR videos.MPEG-2 Offers resolutions of 720?480 and 1280?720 at 60 fps, with full CD-quality audio. This is sufficient for all the major TV standards, including NTSC, and even HDTV. MPEG-2 is used by

DVD-ROMs. MPEG-2 can compress a 2 hour video into a few gigabytes. While decompressing an MPEG-2 data stream requires only modest computing power, encoding video in MPEG-2 format requires significantly more processing power.

However many people don’t know how to convert MPG to AVI on Mac as below.

Q1 Convert AVI to Mpeg with QuickTime Pro
I need help trying to figure out how to convert my AVI files to a format where I can burn then to watch on a DVD player. I’m getting frustrated at the fact that I can only view my AVI files on my iMac. What are the programs and steps I need to accomplish this mission

Q2 .mpg to .avi on Mac- best program
Hi all,
After doing several searches on the forums, I am having trouble narrowing down what the best freeware program would be to convert .mpg movies to .avi so I can use them in iMovie. Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, as I am new to my Mac.
(From Macrumors.com)

For resolving these problems, I search a tool

MPG to AVI Converter for Mac in the website. Mac MPG to AVI Converter can help you batch convert MPG movies to AVI DiVx files on Mac with ease. I hope it is helpful for us.

Scroll to Top